Tuesday, May 8, 2012

So...Blogging...

I haven't actually written a blog in for-freakin'-evar! 
I decided to give it a try again in a fresh new place since LiveJournal drives me bonkers...

So today is my birthday.  What a good day to start a blog I would say.  This year it is on a Tuesday which is a little special to me because I'm goofy, but it's special because I am a Tuesday's child so it makes it feel like things are in alignment and all I guess.

I took off from work both yesterday and today (because honestly who wants to take of a Tuesday and have to go to work after the weekend on Monday and then just be off again Tuesday).  Yesterday I stuffed some friends in my car  (my friends Jasmine & Brittany) and we headed from Dallas to Austin.  Down in Austin we met up with more friends, Elissa & Kathy.  My big reason I wanted to go to Austin was to go to doll shops only to find that both the ones I wanted to go to are closed...One is closed all summer and the other I didn't realize for Monday it was only by appointment, so big disappointment!  There were a couple other nerdy fun stops I planned too which we did go to.  Went to Toy Joy for the first time and it was fun but nothing screamed that I needed to take it home.  Ended up at Dragon's Lair where I bought some manga and a GLB (Gothic Lolita Bible).  Had a spectacular burger w/sweet potato fries at Phil's and we did some Monster High doll hunting at a couple of Targets which resulted in nothing.  I at one of the targets did end up buying the Our Generation sewing accessory kit becuase the props are sized somewhere between BJD MSD~SD size and I needed a dolly sewing machine.  I've seen the set several times here at home but it was cheaper down in Austin than my Targets in Dallas.  I had a really fun time despite disappointments and despite the terrible storm we drove through to get back home.  West kolaches made it worth it... Due to the weather we were delayed for a little over an hour from original arrive back in DFW ETA so I went to bed pretty late after waking up rather early.

Today I slept in until 8:30.  Got up, did some piddling, had a kolache for breakfast then went down to the tax office.  Took care of getting my second car registered (I call it my second car because it's been in the driveway needing work until we finally found a part we needed and had the money to start getting it taken care of after 3 years).  It was even easier than I thought it would be and all is good.  Came back home and piddled around the internet for a while.  Had a salad for lunch.  Then I did some doll face-up work and then went back to piddling on the internet as I'm doing now.  On the dolly front I opened up for a Luts GO to try and take advantage for their sale.  Hope to get enough people cause I want an outfit and a wig and I don't want to join someone else's GO. 

I expect the husband will arrive home soon (as he's already 30min later than he said he would be) and then we might go do more car stuff, if not we do whatever for a little while and then go out to eat with my parents for the bday and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment