Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Life happens...

So still at the parents house.  They've finally driven us a teensie bit nuts.  I'm ODing on soda and we went out and spent way too much money this past weekend on toys and books.  Had a heck of a great Half Price Books haul and also a decent haul on doll and nerf stuff from a great Target toy dept clerance sale.  Though I have to say this was all probably a bit of retail therapy.

Not only have my parents driven us a bit nutty, but this past week we lost Logan's grandmother, Grandma Goat.  She was visiting her other grandchilden and great grandchildren in Wisconsin when the lord called her home.  She was very loved and will be very greatly missed.  Last thing I can remember us telling her was that it was great to see her and that we loved her which was almost two months ago.  She only lived here in the area with family for the last year, but there's been so many good memories with her even before she moved here for the time that she did.  Currently the plan was that she would be cremated in WI and brought back home to CA where she was about to get all the arrangements finished to move back to.  They are having a service for her sometime soon.  We still don't have a date.  One of our aunts is handling this and we haven't head anything yet other than it may be a weekend that confilicts drastically with plans we'd already had which has had me very upset.  I figure if it does happen that weekend I will be upset if I go and upset if I say.  The husband has told me to stay and do my double doll convention plans.  I figure he would probably me be upset and not have to be around me than be stuck in a car with other family members for two days with me upset.  All the same I just wish they would tell us a date so we can figure things out.  My job is still waiting for me to tell them whether I need time off to go or not.  She passed the 4th of July but the last heard tentative date for the service was Aug 4.... not very comforting.

I had a pretty terrible Monday this week.  Had to work an odd shift at work which was a really slow dragging day and then was frustrated all day about the funeral service thing.  Tuesday was better but still sort of dragging.  Today was decent, though work at work is pretty slow right now which always makes for some mild annoyance from everybody. 

Got home today and got to watch a little TV while eating dinner before the parents came home.  They came home and I retreated to the bedroom.  Had bigger better plans for my evening but am now trying to figure out what I actually did do.  I looked at doll stuff and blogged... how exciting.  I didn't even do all the stuff I usually do on poupee girl and I didn't watch this week's Inkigayo yet.  It's now almost 9:30 and the husband will be here any minute.  Is it sort of odd I'd rather not see him and I don't know why...  I guess I'm just in an odd funk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment