Monday, January 28, 2013

Fun But Frustrating Weekend

This weekend there was a lot going on.  Little real rest happened, but much fun was had.  We had a game night with friends on Saturday that lasted into the wee hours of Sunday morning.  I actually ended up playing only one game myself, but that's not unusual for me.  My husband is a very big gaming person, I am not. 

I actually ended up facing up a doll the rest of the evening.  My friend Jasmine had been waiting for another friend to do it who flaked on her a few times over the course of about three weeks and she was getting frustrated so since we were at my house and all my stuff to do it was at my disposal I offered and then did it.  She turned out very cute.  I must remember when I get my pictures off my camera to post it.   She's a SOOM Thera and is the twin to my SOOM Goss.  They are adorable together and now becuase I still haven't really decided what to do with my boy really and I wanted them to match better, she sold me back the pair of horns she had bought from my split since she bought the Thera horns along with the doll from our friend Kathy, who was the original owner.

Sunday was also fun.  We all headed out to the Galleria to take my brother-in-law Rory & sister-in-law Faythe to the American Girl store.  Jasmine & her husband Jim joined us as well.  Jasmine is working so hard on the enabling front, she brought me one of her AGs to carry around the store.  It was a little amusing, but fun.   Afterwards we went back to our place where we hung out and had dinner. 

Husband has been holding onto aggession about something that I feel like is silly that's been annoying him.  I keep trying to work with him over and over again that he just needs to speak up and nip things in the bud when they start to bother them, not after multiple occassions after weeks and then he blows up all crazy about it.  Sadly it concerns one of my best friends, and then even today my mom tried to start something and all I could think was "damn I thought she liked her alright except for the some of the cursing."  I simply said we're not talking about her and after about three things she said and getting no response she just dropped it.  I'm sorry mom that you think my friend is loud and bossy, but that's not very respectful to me to bring that up.  Unless you want me to just not have her over you should have nothing to say.  She could have simply said "I don't mind you having get togethers, but you all got a little loud, but I was just too nice to say anything so maybe in the future could you guys watch your volume." 

I ended up rather bogged down at work today, so that just further added to my annoyance.  As you might can tell I did wake up in a rather foul mood this morning.   Read a couple more chapters of Ai Ore volume 2 today.  I'm not super in love with the series, but I do like it.   Want to see where it goes to.  It is a bit more mature of a series than I expected it to be.  So that about sums things up for now.  I do need to kip off and try and get some manga work done before bed.  I have a very quick approaching deadline and still very booked weekends to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment