Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Falling Day

Today has been mad crazy all the way from the start.

Before leaving for work this morning (before getting dressed to go to work actually), husband was hanging things in the closet when the closet suddenly decided to collapse.  I might be a mean wife for saying this is karma for unresolved issues with another friend, but I almost feel this to be true.  Problem being I feel like his bad karma is all wearing off on me due to my empathy, but ugh, I don't want it!

Went to work today and not only were we short people, the project I manage showed up almost 4 hours late.  I worked late, my boss even stayed and we just scrambled as best we could to get it done.  Our warehouse guy managed to stall our fedex man just long enough for us to completely finish everything up so we won't be working on it tomorrow morning.  I still have work to complete for this job tomorrow morning, but it can wait until morning so that's beside the point.  So long story short work sucked!

In reading today I finished up volume 2 of Ai Ore!.  Still can't really describe my feelings for it.  I like it more than "meh", but I can't say it's a series I'm in love with.  I do really hope to see the Japanese live-action movie they made from it though.

So came home late from work.  Ate leftover pasta and ham from previous nights dinners.  Left the house and went to Home Depot to buy a new shelf and hanging rod for the closet.  Husband will put it up while Mum is out at work tomorrow.  We're having all the secret hopes that she just won't ever find out that it fell and broke and we will not put as much on the top shelf going forward.  We ended up staying out later than I would really have preferred because the husband was having this whole "OMG OUT OF THE HOUSE" evening.  Honestly I don't understand at all because I've always been such a hermit.  

Came home, took my shower.  Got things out of the dresser, then closed the drawer and FALLING AGAIN!  Not the closet this time.  Stuff jostled a a pill bottle knocked a doll head off the dresser.  This is a comission I've been working on.  The head's face-up was all finished, but I've still been doing work on the body.   The fall scuffed up the cheek blushing so now I will need to fix that before he can be sent out.  I really need to get him finished up because my time has been all slim and all the crazy things have been going on, but she's been waiting almost 2 months.  I'm thinking I'm not allowing myself to go to the doll meet Saturday until I have done the work on this doll to finish him. 

I've loved all this social activity lately.  I know the husband has been becuase it means either being out of the house or being in the house with friends, but I can't get anything done!   Going to push to stay up however long it takes for me to finish this Chapter 1 of the manga I'm currently working on.  That is tonight's plan and hopefully I won't be paying for it too much in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment